When you become a DebateAble Member, you get everything you need to teach debate! Since 2012, thousands of children have learned to debate with DebateAble’s unique curriculum, specifically developed for and with upper elementary students.
- Overview of DebateAble’s entire debate program
- Discussion and tips for club and student behavior management
- Explanation and discussion of Debate format and all debater roles
- Guidance for debate speech writing and presentation
- Coming Soon: video support
- Step by step debate lesson plans, including scripts, provide guidance through various debate skills including public speaking, argumentation, refutation, active listening.
- Numerous modifications that allow you to customize for repeat sessions and diverse groups
- Dozens and dozens of games and activities matched to lessons that ensure your debaters have fun while they learn and grow their debate skills.
Debate Match Materials
- Detailed instructions and materials that make it easy to plan conduct your own Debate Match.
- Judging Packet with score sheet, specific information about scoring and feedback to debaters, video examples of how to judge in a way that empowers young debaters, and even scripts to get started!
- DebateAble Membership comes with a free Evidence Packet every time you renew your Membership.
- Topics can be found in the Evidence Library.
- Evidence Packet included with purchase for topic: "All upper elementary students should be required to do homework." In addition to one free Evidence packet each year you renew, additional packets may be purchased at any time.
- Check out our Evidence Packet Topics Titles! Our growing library includes topics that are interesting and relevant to upper elementary students.
- Every packet includes researched Affirmative and Negative evidence for the topic you’ve chosen so that you can focus on teaching debate-- and your students can focus on learning to create powerful arguments.
- Take a peek into a DebateAble Membership with a FREE SAMPLE of our curriculum.
- Download original DebateAble games to share with your debaters.
- Sign up for our blog for all things =kids and debate!